Website redesign, socialization and data migration from Moveable Type to WordPress for NBC News’ theGrio.com
Migrate all content from Moveable Type to the WordPress.com VIP platform; Redesign the site to create a lighter, fresher feel to attract female readership; Incorporate social media features to enhance the sharing of news articles, pictures and video; Simplify author and editor workflow.
- Migrated over 20,000 posts and images from Moveable Type to WordPress and redirected all legacy URL’s to the new URL structure for SEO retention
- Developed a photo gallery system for ease of publishing and ability for end-users to navigate without full page refresh
- Completed iterative design process from mood boards to wireframes to full site designs, resulting in a new look that addresses client objectives for a clean, female-friendly and sharable site
- Optimized content-heavy pages to load faster than the average site on WordPress.com through an extensive use of caching
- Built custom mobile theme for easy content access on mobile devices including advertising and social sharing capabilities